Alloy wheel opinion

Ian_tdi

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm after a new sets of rims for my a3. I want 19" and will be looking to buy from rim style (basically I had a set of wheels from them in the past which I had a warranty claim on but as they were literally a week or so out of warranty they gave me a credit note and will give me free lockers etc so must be from them!)

My two top choices are the bbs ck with a 215-35-19 true. The two things that slightly put me off these is the width (only 8" so may look a bit tall and skinny!) and the fact that I think quite a few people run these and I wanted to stand out some what, and the Schmidt cf deluxe in the anodized grey in an 8.5 with 215-35-19, I'm not normally a fan of multispoke rims but have always liked these for some reason and I think would be unusual on the a3.

The shmidt is more money and has a longer delivery time but what do you think? Or any other choices perhaps?

Thanks

Or they have a set of the mam m1's but in full chrome and might look a bit in your face, plus no warranty and considering the problems I had befit maybe not such a good idea?? All very different styles I know!

Not too keen on the Schmidt wheel, they look like an alpina rep. How about the ch-r's? Theyre a bit dearer but come in19x8.5, they're not as common, and look sweet on the a3. You could always space the ck's so they sit out further.

Cks hands down. No need for a 215 tyre on them though really as the offset is 50 IIRC. 225 or 235 would be better unless your planning on going lowww

Schmidt rims on a couple A3's not that keen on these myself

19Zoll_CF-Line_Audi+A3+8P_Felgen.jpg

19Zoll_CF-Line_Audi+S3_Felgen-1.jpg

20Zoll_CF-Line_Audi+A3+8P_Felgen.jpg

Mam MT1's (not an A3 but hey, you get the idea :p)

6371_1111566582422_1024597845_30271.jpg

BBS Ck's :wub:

26911_366307759444_675289444_3455688_4929771_n.jpg

s3bbcch2gt3%5B1%5D.jpg2..jpg

Thanks for the pics! I like the schmidts, although not on the orange s3 as I think they are only 18's, I just think bbs on a3 is pretty boring and done so many times.

My car is down about 80mm all round so gonna stick with the 215 I think!

The mam doesn't look too bad but think the all chrome is a bit much. Will look at how much I can get the ch-r for but a guy has reps of these at work on his 8p a3 so not overly keen.

Decisions decisions!

Ok ch-r's are out the window, just too much for single piece rims IMO. Shame they don't do something like the mt.'s like on paulies as they are stunning!

Cheers ante I agree, I think the ck.'s are out because of this. I guess I'm looking at "medium range wheels, I don't want cheap reps but can't afford split rims etc.

What about the Schmidt phantoms? Would be apt as I work for rr!

Haha, I guess so, I'd be happy to run single piece just want some middle ground with price and quality.

Also could do with getting these soon ish as my current winters will need the tyres replacing soon.

Haha I know I'm being a nightmare but it's an important decision! I now like the keskin kt4, just not sure in which finish! Will probably be the hyper black or black with polished face or regular silver. Anyone know what the quality of these wheels is like?

Hey Ian, it's a real shame that BBS don't do the CK in Audi fitment in 19x8.5J size as that was what I had on my last car (Astra VXR, albeit they were ET35) and they looked great rolling on 235's, but I have to say I've never once thought the 8J |CK's looked 'tall and skinny' on any of the A3/S3's I've seen them on. They are a lovely looking alloy, but if you are in any doubt now about running an 8J wheel, then chances are you'll never be happy with them. It's a good job Rimstyle.com have plenty of choice, lol. The Keskin KT4's do look sweet, Dude, not sure what the quality of them is like though. :wub: xx

Thanks paulie, great find with those pics, I do think the keskin look great I'm just wondering what the quality is like, but they are German made so normally means good quality. Think that one looks good and my car is lower than that so will hopefully be even better looking! Hmmmmm!

Don't get me wrong, I love the ck's it just puts me off slightly that quite a few people run them. I wish rim style sold the wheels you have? Love them long time!

Ok think after all I'm going to go for the ck, now I have to decided which colour! My car is maurituis blue (basically denim blue), just can't decide on the brilliant silver or the anthracite! Opinions?

Ok scrub that they are only available in silver now so that's that!

Ordered!

Nice choice, Ian! It doesn't matter that a few people have CK's, they always turn heads, especially the 19's. I think Brilliant Silver would look best on your Mauritius Blue A3, but the choice is yours. I've had silver and anthracite on my cars and love them both, but think the silver wheels will stand out so well against your paintwork. :wub: xx

I agree and ordered, thanks for your help!

So guess I'm gonna need some spacers now huh? Haha!

I think you've made the right choice bro, the CK's are some gorgeous alloys and you can always have them sprayed anthracite! It looks amazing on your colour car. So does the silver though with grill etc.

Get some pics up when you've had them fitted