Admiral

Looks like me and phone got a date tomorrow for real. the thing is I have never thought of trying to get my premium lower because i have always renewed automatically with them
What were they ob n watchdog for mate?

Looks like me and phone got a date tomorrow for real. the thing is I have never thought of trying to get my premium lower because i have always renewed automatically with them
What were they ob n watchdog for mate?

what most companies do - renewal price hikes & giving better discount to new customers.

I did confused.com quotes and got them to match my renewal price to the lower price that I got through c.com

What am i doing wrong !

Im 28 with nearly 3 years ncb, been driving over 7 years with no claims been driving company cars for the entire time and my insurance is £1300 for a standard A3 1.8t 00 facelift. any advice would be good .

My best advice would be use a comparison website and go from there. That's pretty much what I do

My best advice would be use a comparison website and go from there. That's pretty much what I do

Yep that is one start but plenty of competitive smaller companies/brokers do not subscribe to the comparison sites and the broker we use who consistently beats the competition (although havent check my admiral quote yet) doesnt.

Yeah i see that on watchdog tonight, there fookers , ill be up for a row come july !! :banghead:

All insurance companies are robbing gits! However, to get the best deal possible don't go in all guns blazing. I used to work for a call centre, and when customers come through shouting and screaming my mind used to go wondering.
After speaking with my insurance company they agreed that they hate the renewal price that is sent out as it's just ridiculous. So most of them will agree with you and do all they can to help - providing you complain in the right manner. So don't shout, but explain how disgusted you are that it is possible for them to send out renewal at 150% higher than what your being quoted online.

Yep that is one start but plenty of competitive smaller companies/brokers do not subscribe to the comparison sites and the broker we use who consistently beats the competition (although havent check my admiral quote yet) doesnt.

Very valid point - In my experiance all the companies not on the websites are massivley more expensive, but I put that down to my age more than anything.

Actually turns out Elephant gave me that quote (same group as admiral and another..) BUT the excess is 550 !!! Lol. Good point though, no one has mentioned the excess. Think i would rather pay more and have a smaller excess max 200 on a car worth 3.5k. Seems a bit daft otherwise..

So, what are your excesses other than booze women and drugs !?

Actually turns out Elephant gave me that quote (same group as admiral and another..) BUT the excess is 550 !!! Lol. Good point though, no one has mentioned the excess. Think i would rather pay more and have a smaller excess max 200 on a car worth 3.5k. Seems a bit daft otherwise..

So, what are your excesses other than booze women and drugs !?

£20 for windscreen repair
£70 for new windscreen
£350 Everything else

Yeah, admiral, elephant and loads of others are all the same insurer? Really makes me wonder why they bother having so many company names? :sadlike: