AIRBAG LIGHT ON

stoop44rio

Reaction score
Ive got a facelift here thats putting on the airbag light. Had it scanned by VAGCOM and it shows the 'passenger seat ignitor'. Only problem is the car isnt fitted with side airbag seats?? Any suggestions?

You sure? every A4 i've seen from about '98 onwards has seat airbags.

Its usually just a loose connection on the plugs under the seats, and resetting the code will usually make it go away and stay away.

Well that was my next question!! Does facelift models have side airbags as standard?? This one doesnt, but if it was a case of both front seats having been replaced would the vagcom not show up both front seat ignitors?

it may be refering to the seatbelt pre tensioner

Vagcom should give you a part code as well as the description, so it'll say Passenger Side Airbag Ignitor (N395) where N395 is some identifying code.

If you get this code and google it, you should be able to tell exactly what it is.

it may be refering to the seatbelt pre tensioner

Not a bad suggestion but they are clear to diferentiate, for example :

00655-Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter; Passenger Side (N154) 32-00-Resistance Too High

look under the seat at the looms. is there a little yellow plug?
ignition off, pull it apart and get a needle and push two sides of the female connector together on both pins to increase the clamping on the male pins. plug it back up and clear the fault. should stay off.

I know the yellow plugs you mean but theres definately no plug on the seat and I cant see any of the loom coming from under the carpet. I'll be pulling the seat out tomorrow to see if its there or been cut back.

Not a bad suggestion but they are clear to diferentiate, for example :

00655-Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter; Passenger Side (N154) 32-00-Resistance Too High

thats why i said may, original fault code is a bit vague