Where is the clutch switch(es)?

c_w

Reaction score
Where are the switch(es?) on the clutch? My A3 is a 57-plate and requires the clutch pressing to start the car (message on DIS), I'm just curious if the switch that triggers this is shared with the one that de-activates cruise control?

Is it a simple switch like the brake switch?are there two down there?

Its in the bay, behind the clutch pedal if its what you're referring to.

Yep it is, I found it in the end after failing to find anything wired near the pedals traces the wiring down the bulkhead. 4 wires, one pair is the clutch interlock for starting (fully depressed) and the other pair appears to cut the cruise (as soon as you begin to press the pedal).

Fully, strange as I only have to push my hand down on clutches to start cars, or do I lol, when doing some work.

Perhaps it varies as it's not an on/off sensor, testing it with the key forward as if to start, the pedal has to be pretty much on the carpet to start (but when changing gear when driving you can change gear fine with only half-pressed clutch). The sensor does detect the first tiny bit of motion though as it knocks off cruise straight away in mine.