few questions folks, please give feedback

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
right people,,
i had a sort of a tinny intermitant tapping noise on my car and ive finally had it looked at,
it just so happens wanna me fishing buddies is an ex audi mechanic of 20 years and now has his own garage,
got a phone call today confirming its the clutch and flywheel,
he says its not urgent but obviously wont get any better and says he can sort it for £600 does this sound about right price wise ??
he also said something was done incorrectly when a new timing kit was fitted, (before i owned car) and will sort that free of charge whilst under the car !!!!
also found another problem, but this time with the tyres,
apparently the inner walls are seriuosly warped and he says he cant beleive they aint blown the damage is so bad,
he isnt touting for the work cos he doesnt do tyers at all !!!
ive spoken to a couple of people about tyres which are more or less brand new and being imported from abroad
think its a law in belgium, or holland or somewhere,, where if a tyre gets punctured or has to be replaced,, all the tyres have to be replaced reguardless of condition,,
does anyone have any feedback on these or points of view ?
prices are around £45 to £60 depending on models apparently ??
any views welcome cos i aint got a scooby doo !!!!
cheers peeps !!

£600 good price m8, tyres are quite a problem on the rears across the vag range ive seen a few with lumpy feathered tyres when checked the suspension etc there's nothink wrong what so ever and everytime they all been budget tyres so put it down to them

tes mate, they are budgets!!! n ot going down that route again!!!
like bamby on ice in anything other than hot sticky tarmac !!!! LOL

That seems really cheap, I was qouted way over £1000 a couple of months ago for the clutch and flywheel.