Testing your alarm

dorgan

Reaction score
I discovered today in the car wash that my car has an alarm. I was watching it through the side window of the car wash and saw the hazard lights flashing and the alarm going off. Got a bit of a shock to be honest. My colleague told me that Sportbacks come with alarms as standard in Luxembourg. I thought he was mistaken.

So, anyone got any idea how to test my car alarm on my Sportback without going to the extent of breaking a window? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It activates 30 seconds after locking with the central locking. I tried the door handles a few times one after the other but nada. Any ideas?

If it has an interior sensor lock it then put your arm through the open window ........... just an idea!

Get a friend to sit in the car.
Lock the car,then get your friend to move around.
The alarm should go off.

Can you switch off the interior movement sensors in the A3 ?

My A4 used to have a button with which you could do this,to allow for dogs in a locked car etc.etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you switch off the interior movement sensors in the A3 ?

My A4 used to have a button with which you could do this,to allow for dogs in a locked car etc.etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, there's a button on the inside edge of the drivers door.

Same as the A4 then,that's fine.
If our daughter falls asleep on the way home,we often let her continue to sleep in the car on the driveway (which is secluded and in full view of the lounge before anyone starts calling social services ! )
We obviously prefer the car to be locked,so switching off the interior sensors is ideal.

The Sportback has two switches in the driverside door. One disables the interior movement sensor and the other diables the angle sensor.