Bizarre Insurance renewal? (not that I'm complaining)

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
So my insurance renewal is due next week for my standard Toyota Rav4, and like most people, I had the renewal come through the post, £486 was the quote!

I went online to do get insurance quotes on as most sites I could think of, including my existing insurers, and surprisingly, I could only better the quote by 8 quid through moneysupermarket, and going onto the main site of the quote, the premium jumps up when I click on legal cover which was included with my current insurer, whose online quote was 8p(yes, 8 pence) cheaper than my posted renewal. So for the first time, I've actually been quote a decent renewal price by post!

So to save the hassle, I decided to call them up and renew, and the friendly bloke went through the whole policy with me then hit a stumbling block, the missus has 2 x sp30's dated back in 2006, but since these are no longer active being over 5 years ago, he would have to requote me. I said to him, "is the premium isn't likely to go up on the removal of these out of date convictions right?", his reply was, "unfortunately, my quote was 'quoted' 2 weeks ago, and insurance is going up daily, so he could only quote based on today's rates", but assured me he could price match my written quote if he has a word with his manager. At this point, there was no mention of the quoted price since I started the phone call, a minute or two later, after all the adjustments he comes up with a quote of £428, hows that? <I smirked at my end>, "does that include legal cover" I asked, he goes "yes", we'll go for it!

So basically, I got the car insured for cheaper than any website could offer me, without having done much.

RESULT!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…