Brakes dont fit behind my LMs

Alex C

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just got told that the LCR Brembos wont fit behind my BBS LMs 18x8.5J ET25. To be honest i was a bit suprised by that given the low offset...

Apparently i needd a minimum of 10mm spacers dropping the ET to 15mm. Does that shock anyone else or just me?

Anyway any advice on a decent hubcentric spacer make? HnR Trak? quite pricey. Im gonna need 4 because i cant have the front spaced but not the rear

My LM's of the exact same size also didn't fit over my LRC Brembo's, i ended up getting 15mm hub centric spacers just to be on the safe side, and yeah they we'ren't cheap and also you'll need to get a set of longer wheel bolts and locking nuts too

Si

Its because the LM's have a fair dish, then a very flat wheel face.

The Brembos stick out a far old way.

My LM's of the exact same size also didn't fit over my LRC Brembo's, i ended up getting 15mm hub centric spacers just to be on the safe side, and yeah they we'ren't cheap and also you'll need to get a set of longer wheel bolts and locking nuts too

Si

how much on the safe side are you? Do you think a 10mm spacer is enough?

how much on the safe side are you? Do you think a 10mm spacer is enough?

Alex, Unfortuantly i don't have the LM's on my car at the moment so i can't just got out and measure i'm afraid. I think 10mm spacer might just about squeeze the LM's over the LCR brembos - it would be very tight though.

Having said that with 15mm spacers my wheels are right on the legal limit with regard to the wheels protruding out past the wheel arches.

If your willing to wait a few days i'll drop one of the LM's back on over the week end and properly measure the gap for you and maybe take a picture so you can see the gap and make a judgement yourself.

Si

i have Et 35 lm's 18x8j and 18x9j rea,r ive got 20mm rear spacers and 15mm front id say 10mm is too small myself mate to clear the caliper but ive only got a standard brake setup

Alex, Unfortuantly i don't have the LM's on my car at the moment so i can't just got out and measure i'm afraid. I think 10mm spacer might just about squeeze the LM's over the LCR brembos - it would be very tight though.

Having said that with 15mm spacers my wheels are right on the legal limit with regard to the wheels protruding out past the wheel arches.

If your willing to wait a few days i'll drop one of the LM's back on over the week end and properly measure the gap for you and maybe take a picture so you can see the gap and make a judgement yourself.

Si

Yeah that would be great if you could do that for me! Cheers

Do you have 15mm on the back as well or did you go for a 20mm spacer at the rear?

Last edited:
thanks Karl, i think im going to go for the spacers that you bolt to the hub and then bolt your wheel to the spacer, although a 10mm may be too small for that type of spacer, also need to check that my current wheel bolts aren't to long for that type of spacer

for a bolt on spacer you won't need to get longer bolts, the original bolts will have enough in the adapters to be safe. i think you're right though, 10mm may be too small for that type.

i reckon anything more than 5mm in a normal push on spacer though and you will need bolts.
thats the reason i chose my tpi spacer kit. its just everything you need, simple.

yeah the original bolts wont be too short but they might be too long. Say if i get a 10mm spacer and then my standard wheel bolts protrude from the back of the wheel more than 10mm then they will screw all the way through the spacer and into the face of the hub and then cross thread it all, so i need to double check that. But your right, the normal spacers are much easier to get hold of