New wheel fitment

Jine

Crippled n Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting some new wheels for the upcoming summer and I am a complete amateur when it comes to fitment. The current wheels I have are 8.5j 19' ET45 with 235/35 tyres.

I do want to stick to 19's but for some reason 9.5j ET35 with 225/35 has just popped into my head.

I would like the wheels a little wider than 8.5 and with a little stretch, but I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this sort of thing and have no idea what the crack is with 'offset'. I have normally gone with what the chap says at southwest tyres when I have previously purchased wheels.

Can I please have your input of what you think would be best.

Thanks.

I've done some research on the set up you are suggesting and they should just be OK, they will sit very flush and may require you to remove the arch liner screw on the front wheel arch and depending on how low you go you may need some arch rolling.

see here..

Limoncello | Klutch

My Alphards were 9.5J and ET40 on the rear. I trial fitted them on my A4 and they were pretty much flush. ET 35 will poke out 5mm more. pix for reference :

76a6dc88.jpg

Im running 19" staggered BBS LM's 8.5" fronts 9.5" rears with an ET 35, on 235 35 19 tyres, fitment is perfect, heres a pic but this is before i fitted my coilies, unfortunately i have no pics with my coilies fitted and im now running my winter 19" RS6's they are 8" wide but ET30

carawesome3.jpg

carawesome2.jpg

CarAwesome.jpg

Brill Thanks guys, you have justified my thoughts.

Love the colour of the S4 in the link! making me think about a colour change now too. hahaha

Pabs, Have you had any rubbing problems on the rear with your coilies fitted??

Not had any problems with the rear the only thing i have to be careful of is speed bumps and some multi storey car park ramps

That Yellow S4 is stunning, really want an S4 front end now....

Pabs, I am looking at exactly the same set up as yours but on standard susspension, I would be well happy with my car sitting like your pic above what susspension set up is it on in that picture?
Thanks

P.s. if It looks like I'm "copying" you its only kuz I like your style!:respekt:

cheers mate appreciate it thanks. That pic was taken on standard sport / s line suspension so it's 20mm lower than se suspension. What have you got on yours?? A4's do look good on a nice set of BBS LM's

cheers mate appreciate it thanks. That pic was taken on standard sport / s line suspension so it's 20mm lower than se suspension. What have you got on yours?? A4's do look good on a nice set of BBS LM's

Even better! mine is on standard sports suspension and from what I can tell from your pic that's exactly how I want it to sit! Got any more pics with them wheels on on standard susspension? No worried of not!

is that S4 really running 9.5j ET35 up front?? I've read on some other forums that it wouldn't work in the front.

do you know anyone else on here that is running this set-up? Cos I really wanna go for this cos it looks sick. :hubbahubba: