Carbon Fibre me up

Markey

Reaction score
My new dash bits they look much better in the flesh although my ash tray is now broken and won't pop out on its own need to fix that this weekend.

DSC00912.jpg

is that real carboin fibre. i think it is as you can see the mesh weaves differently. looks good. does you air conditioning sensor still breath? is it custom made 1 off?
your stereo needs a wipe, lol!

If they are factory parts, how come you have to cut more slots in the AC section?

Are they from another model, say S/RS 4?

I did them my self using sheets of carbon the factory ones are way to expensive to buy.

Cool, where did you get the sheets from?

How conformable are they for curvatures etc? Do you build up layers or is it realively thin anyway??? Looks ace!

Got them from ebay, came with 3m stickt glue on the back and stick to the plastic tight as anything. They are not to thick either fit in nicely with all the curves, look great.

Woah I'm well confused!
So you bought flexible carbon fibre sheets which you stuck on? How is it flexible?
I thought you have to use carbon fibre and resin and then cure it in an oven,
hmmm! am confused!

That is if you want solid carbon as there are differnt types. Making bonets and wings you do it the way that you just said, but you can get sheets of unsolid woven carbon fibre which are flexable.