Turbo Question Help plz ?

Rick.S3

Reaction score
Hi i recently brought a stage 4 hybrid turbo from a member on here which he was running on his apy engine i have a bam engine and thought any k04 turbo would fit but ive been advised today that my hybrid turbo is a k04 020 instead of a ko4 023 which i need for mine which has a hole in the hot side for the egt sensor . Can this 020 still be fitted to my bam if i had the egt sensor modified into my 3" downpipe ? Any help would be great and sorry for all the questions im not all clued up on audi engines . Thanks

Last edited:
You can get the exhaust housing modified, it just need the hole put in for the egt sensor which your correct the k04-023 has on the BAM but the k04-020 doesn't on the APY

Don't put it in the downpipe as the egt's will be considerably less there as the heat is absorbed by the turbine so you won't get an accurate reading.

Thanks for the quick reply mate . If i get a hole put in the housing wont it make the casting liable to crack at all if it gets too hot ?

Having meticulously read through bills thread on hybrids on seatcupra.net I know he's done it for someone so I'm sure it can be done . If you want it done then he's probably the one to spk to.