Rear Cluster Bolt Caps

Oreo5000

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
After fitting MY09 rear clusters I went and dropped the little cap that covers up access to the bolt in the boot and now it's rattling around inside somewhere. I knew it was all going too well!
I noticed the other one was already missing so I bet that's in there too!
Is there any way I can get access to these or will it take some serious dismantling?
Cheers,
Nick

I did that too! the way I retrieved it was to take off the plastic that surrounds the boot lock

Empty the boot of everything, spare wheel and carpet etc

Take hold of the plastic and pull upwards very hard and it will come free, this will give better access to the area where your missing piece will be

Rip everything out and chuck it all on your drive as mentioned ^^^. Got to pull out all the polystyrene mouldings for tools too and they are usually hiding under there.

Replace the caps over the access holes NOW so you dont risk doing it again.

Worst design ever.

Coat hanger, double sided sticky tape, wind round end of wire, torch & wiggle see if can stick to the pieces, worked for me before :)

the bits i mentioned above do yes, once you empty the boot of the carpet you'll see how to remove the bit of plastic the boot lock sit's in

what ever you do, dont go to audi to buy replacements got a price few weeks back circa £20 thats 4 hours work for some one on a fiver an hour!

COLD.

The boot sides have a screw to hold in place on most 8P's, earlier 8P's didnt, so not completely tool free.