Just moved my DV.

Reaction score
Hey all moved my dv from the original location to this one!

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

What a difference. My DV is now loud as hell and sounds amazin!!.

I have had a smile on my face all day and my mates think it sound smart and were very shocked when they heard it!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Sounds like my mates cossie a nice slow and loud whoosh. I can speed the noise up but it doesnt sound as good, well cheers folks.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Nice work..... Great Pics

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Looks good mate.... Nice one.
P.s. you hear anything back from racetec?

Hi mate, is it a recirculating one you've got on there?? I'm about to fit mine, and initially put it on the other side which didn't work. So now moving it over like yours. Did you come across any problems when doing it, or was it pretty easy?!

Yeah it is athospheric and resurculating valve but it was not impressive inplace of the bosch unit so now its fully atmospheric.

Was really easy to do.

All i would say is do not cut the hose (intercooler to throttle) too close to the intercooler(ic) as I did this was goin for a blast and the hose slipped off made my car not run and me crap myself. So I had to slip some of the hose off the ic and onto my T-piece. Was really embarassing down my local high street with the bonnet up. But ah well sorted now

I would leave a length about as long as your hand to be safe.

Another little problem i had was, the 2 hoses which run off the standard DV one was ok just blanked it off the other was pretty long and would flop about hitting one of the spinning belts. To resolve this I removed the hose and the 90degree bend further up and blanked it off there. Pretty fiddly but not hard.

It is a superb mod and sounds amazing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Paul.

Oh and another thing to add is you will see the long thin blue hose just use 3 cable ties and attach it onto the electrical wire above the fan this is to keep it out the way of the fan blades.

Cheers.

Oh a massive difference the looks i get now when driving about everyone with think a RS turbo or summat is coming along then they see my Audi!!

Its definitely the way forward.

Cheers

its even better when they realise its a slipper wagon (estate)