RNS-E SD MP3 Song Title/Listing Problem

A13

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Having a problem with track listing on my RNS-E SD Cards. On some albums the tracks are listed twice. First of all with '._' in front of the name. They don't play anything, and if you try to play them they just keep skipping until they get to the actual tracks. Then it is listed again underneath without the '._' and they play fine. Not a massive issue but a bit annoying.

First Listing of tracks which dont play:
photo1.jpg

Tracks underneath that do play:
photo2.jpg

Anyone had this problem/know how to resolve it?
When i puf the card into my computer i can only see one listing of tracks ...

Looks like they haven't written properly to the card, I would format and start again or try another card if you have one

^ Just tried that. Same problem.
The tracks are on there so not a massive problem - just annoying having duplicates in the folders that don't do anything!?

Make sure there isn't a playlist file in the folder.

As said, Looks like you have a file in the album folder that is a playlist file, delete it and it will remove the duplicates

Hi, did the playlist file answer above solve your problem?

If not, I wonder if you are using a Mac to copy the tracks?

If so, Finder secretly creates dot-underscore files. I suggest using command-line (terminal) to manage your files and remove the underscore files manually. DotClean will do this for you automatically : Delete Mac System Files with Dot_clean

Hi, yeah was using a mac. Was creating the hidden files.
Plugged the cards into my PC and enabled viewing of hidden files and deleted them..

Wow, thanks! LOL. This was bugging the hell out of me too. :)