55 Audi 2.0 TDI Sport 3 Door HELP

Legend7

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a 55 Audi 2.0 TDI Sport 3 Door. However I have noticed am getting really low MPG when compared to what the car should be getting.

All my driving is local and the odd motorway journey once a month. Today I was on the motoroway and on the Trip computer I was getting around 50MPG with nothing on such as the climate control.

On local journeys I see it between 30-40 MPG.

I also recently had it fully serviced so not sure what is causing this.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

That's about normal mpg mate! You'll get 55 on the motorway if your really lucky but that's about it! Round town 30-40 seems right too.

I get 45-50 on Motorways and 25-35 on normal roads.
I thought mine was around normal?

50mpg motorway and around 37 urban is what I'm getting in a 07 2.0tdi 170 DSG SB

Heated seats are always on which probably doesn't help.

Dont always go by what the trip tells you. Do your own MPG calculations.

in the misses 2.0tdi 170, i get about 45-50 mpg on motorway

I get around the same too. Doesn't help that my DIS over-reads by 15% when you accurately measure over several tankfulls.

My MPG2 on the DIS that I've never reset says I've averaged 50.2mpg over the past five years. According to my accurate spreadsheet calculations, recording every tankful accurately in a spreadsheet, I've really only averaged 44mpg....

You can actually adjust the DIS if its over reading or under reading using VAG.com, but I don't have te sotware and have never bothered...

Many posts on this subject conform that:
1) Many different cars seem to have different consumptions even if the owners claim to drive them the same way, so there does seem to be a genuine car-to car difference
2) You can't trust what the dis says - cos it could be 6mpg out
3) Even different tyres can vary the consumption by 15% so there are many other factors to take into account
4) Everyone drives differently and every road is different.

On the same 35 mile commute to work, over different days depending on weather, temperature & traffic, my average for each commute trip on the DIS can vary between 45mpg and 65mpg...

Theer are really just too many variables to compare, other than saying that the consumption you get isn't unreasonable and is representative of what many of us get....

Reactions: Sheikh
I was getting average of 43.8mpg .......had a remap last week and I now get 48.4mpg!

If I cruise at 60-70 I get 60mpg which around town & tanking is about 40mpg approx.

2.0 TDI, I get an actual 45mpg from most tanks, typically 11 mile journeys. Sometimes this is slightly higher (Maybe up to 50mpg) if I do longer runs. The overall DIS (2) is up to 54MPG odd, so clearly overreads!

Well according to the car facts and figures it should be getting around 40 town miles and 60 on the motorway. How do I calculate my own MPG?

Also how does the DIS work out your average MPG, does it start to work out the average from when you reset it or everytime you start the engine? As when there is a clear road and am doing about 40mph I will see 40mpg and when am doing less speed, slowing down constantly the MPG drops down to around 30.

Also I have climate control on, would this affect the MPG and what is the difference using this with or without the ECON button selected?