Warning Lights HELP...

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
This may be a stupid and vague question but last night, after my car had been running fine, parked up went and praciced with the band came out about 2 hours later started her up, had just about turned around and got to the end of the road and I get the 3 beeps and the circle with the exclamation mark in brackets and on the dash the ABS warning light was on and the so was the traction control light. I only live 2 mins from the practice so I drove home carefully and it drove fine. Parked up, swtiched her off then started her up again, and no lights, no exclamation marks... Anyone any ideas? Should I get it checked out by someone with VAG com or VCDS for fault codes?

I cycle around a lot so haven't used the car today yet to check if it's okay this morning.

Cheers, Josh

Hello mate,

alot of things can make those lights appear on the dash. I had them pop up when i had a faulty brake switch but to be sure its best to give it a scan.

If you can hold off till our mini meet on Sunday i can bring my VCDS cable and netbook with me and scan your car then.

Fella you're an absolute star I shall wait until Sunday then, as like I said I cycle to gym then to work then home so the car won't be used much for the rest of the week then. Also what time shall we arrange for sunday then? We've potentially got 4 of us for the meet so far..

No probs mate. Just got to remember to charge the netbook up lol.

Cool well am still defo in for Sunday i would suggest 3:30pm for a time to meet as that gives me time to get the dog walked etc beforehand. Also should still be able to meet in daylight etc too as its getting dark very early these days. Just checked and Beaulieu is open until 5pm so that should mean the car park is open until at least 5:30pm and i am guessing should have some sort of lighting too.

Oh and a drive round the forest sounds good to me too :)

I also believe the ABS warning light can pop up when there is a problem with your battery (you'd think the battery light would come on, but this isn't always the case, strangely). Maybe if you do a lot of short runs and what with the weather starting to turn a bit colder, it could just be battery related and that your car would benefit from a good long run. :wub: x

check the following

brake fluid level
fuses on top of the battery, even if they have not blown, take them out and clean the contacts on both the fuse box connections and fuse connections (or just put new ones in)...........

90% sure it'll fix it

thanks everyone I will check all this tonight. and obviously get it scanned sunday and see what's up. oh and rob yeah that sounds cool i'll get some generic texts sent out soon ish and update the meet thread inabit.