3" maf conversion possible alternatives ??

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Just scouring eBay and found these that look like the A4 maf sensor (position the sensor is mounted) and thought they may be another alternative to the 3" vr6 ones.

1. 370327703070

2. 230552272344

It will be hard to find the Porsche one I no but a BMW one shouldn't be hard to find. That being there 3" lol

The VR6 MAF's arent all that much more expensive than those?

Der: Your car has ME7, so you need a different housing, such as TT/S3, or better still a complete TT/S3 MAF as that way you can just lift the entire MAF table from a TT map and plop it into yours.

Screw it up if you`re fitting nothing else along with it lol.

The stock maf can only read to around 230hp's worth of air.

So if your fitting a larger turbo you need a larger maf. The ECU will need remapped to suit though, as the scaling will be completely off otherwise.

I no the vr6 ones aren't really expensive but I just though most of them are in daily use or been crushed for scrap I just thought it may be easier to find than a vr6 I was just thinking of broadening the horizon on finding a 3" maf.

034 do alloy maf tubes but by the time you get one over here its probably cheaper to buy a new VR6 unit.

I got my 3" VR6 MAF cheap from ebay; They seem to pop up fairly often so I'd just keep an eye on it.

theres a lad on a local forum just put a vr6 maf that i sold to him on a ko3s mk4 golf 1.8t and its running 250ish bhp, using c20let injectors and mapped by r-tech

"Rolled away with 248.292bhp at the fly and 228.707bhp at the wheels. Torque is 277.27lbft @ fly and 262.75 @ the wheels. Did run more but had to run less boost in case of the rods going!"