blue smoke on idle and short period after.

autofittingservices

Reaction score
hi all i have an a3 170 bmn and i have had issues since i have bought the car, il keep it short at this point but i have had the dpf removed when i first got the car as it was bust and i think this issue has coused it.

basiclly if i have the car ticking over it will start to blast blue smoke out the back if i then drive it will run a little bit poor and still smoke for about a mile then it will clear and will drive 100% until the next time it ticks over and the process starts again.

i need to act quick as i think the issues is getting worse as it has just started turning over a few times before starting.

i have changed loads on this car to try and cure this but up to now no joy.

replaced genuine bosch air flow meter
replaced 4 injectors and seals (injectors were used from 20k car but all suppose to be working and did come from good source who i know)

replaced tandem pump and gasket (pump from ebay with supposibly 18k on but did look very new)

now i know your going to say you should of replaced parts with new ones as i havent ruled anything out but its the £ i only bought the car in june and i aint had it working yet, its the most expensive car i have owned and up to now the most unreliable i know ive made the mestake of buying someone elses problem but can anybody please help me in to what to do next?

ps i dont seem to have noticed loosing any engine oil so if i am its only a small amount and i have done 2 changes since owning the car, the car had 113k on when i bought it, it now has 118k

Are you loosing coolant?

Also could be a turbo problem, They can chuck out smoke at idle if there shot

Did you have the car re-mapped when you had the DPF removed i'am led to beleave that cars have to have a new map created when they have had DPF removal

I would have said injectors had you not already changed them.

Good luck mate.

Chris

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…