overboost

Danielson

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
hi, was just cruising along off boost at around 90, not mph obviously. kph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif when i booted it the car really took off, i thought at first i was in fourth, but no 5th. glanced at me boost gauge and it was round at 18 psi, yeehaa. car felt quick as but only for a few seconds then it cut boost. this has happened a couple of times lately and seems to happen when u feed the boost in, anyone else get this???? i think may get n75j soon and bleed valve. power felt good at18psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yep, boost regulator maybe on its way out, or possibly the turbo ?

by boost regulator do you mean n75? dont think its turbo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

could be n75, or possibly the actuator on the turbo. Sure it's just not peaking ? mine will peak and 20psi and hold 15psi

if been asking a few mates today and they all reckon it good be the actuator sticking, whats the best way to try and clean and lube it, ive been told to stay away from wd40 as it will eat in to the rubber seal in waystegate?? hasnt overboosted again yet.

i have absolutely no idea. i would of thought a new one would be better, and cheap, but depends where your turbo is !

I got a froge one too but having major problems what length did you set rod at?