recommended Laptops

Thats is the problem there are proprietarty apps and so forth out there that trying to rebuild a laptop after it has been f&cked is always a toughie. I have to say that HP/Compaq are the easiest ones to sort out. Dell on the otherhand make it a mission!!!

so many people and so many company make life such hard work....

you would think life was hard enough without these kind of people causing probs

infact thinking about it can remember when i had a compaq computer..

was my first with a built in screen and everything...

had to ring the help line for support... was ok but nothing amazing than other companys ive hever had to ring in the past..

And this concludes with the golden rule of using any pc or laptop....

GOLDEN RULE
----------------------

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF IMPORTANT FILES OR DISCS AND STORE THEM IN A SAFE AND SECURE PLACE

Yeah safe secure and obvious!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif I hate that putting something very safe and not finding it when u need it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

richy: not necessarily for or against one or two particular makes. I would just choose a brand that I know is going to be supported with the least down time and annoyance. as for buying a "three year old" model, that is not what was meant, even though my lack of typing skills may have portrayed it as such, say rather that you can buy really well specked laptops from many different manufacturers, the difference between them will come down to long term support, and that means both hardware and software availability.

At the end of it, buy something that YOU are happy with. if support is not an issue then don't worry about it... :)

(don't worry about the rant, it always relieves the stress :) )