Chip tuning

Gambba

Reaction score

Well the time has come to get the old tin can chipped...but who to do it with......

Living in the Netherlands the choice is not so great as to which big name tuner you go with so choice is limited, but wouldn't mind some opinions.

So to chip a '98 A3 1.8T NDBW

Oettinger - €1203 - an hour and a half's drive from me, giving 195hp and 295Nm at 3400 rpm, and a smooth plot. The importer here does not have a rolling road so they basically order the chip, fit it and away you go!

ABT - €1200+ - Take it too the local dealer who send it away to the importer takes 3-4 days! Torque gains are less than that of Oettinger around the 260Nm mark and 200hp, and again similar to Oettinger in the fact that no rolling road is used.

These are the big two here, there are many smaller tuners but not with a history or name, and not gains like the Oettinger version gives.

Another option is that I wait for the Revo NDBW version to be released at get the car done at Kritzy's local dealer, but Revo seems to be a bit spiky and their plots don't look normal....IMO.

....oh, and another option is that when I'm back in the UK next I get the car done at Jabbasport which is near my parents place in the UK (20 mins away), but I have no idea to the gains and would find it hard to get support, me thinks.

Drill , Do Oettinger in Germany give the chip TUV approval and do they have a rolling road that they play with the car on?

€1200 (800 GBP) is a fair whack of cheddar to put down for something, so help me with this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

****** ripoff if u ask me. Mine was £530 at AmD... and its excellent IMO. If i were you, i would wait til you come over here and get a custom one done... not a 'one for all'.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Do Oettinger in Germany give the chip TUV approval and do they have a rolling road that they play with the car on?

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRC they don't use the RR to remap, and I'm not sure on the TUV. I'll email them and ask for clarification as it looks like I might just be chipping mine in the next month or so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Finally got the $$ Uncle Sam owed me, and it was $500, not the $400 I was expecting, so I'm halfway there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That's just what I was going to ask.

360bhp.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif I'm dreaming of it already... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

Ooops, urgh, wake up, you can't afford it AL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

me too, 360bhp? My standard 125bhp is really lame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif. Maybe I should have stayed with my parents and bought an S3 instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've got my S3 booked in for rechip on 6th May, and am then having the 360bhp upgrade beginning of June.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Why are you chipping it if its going to have another conversion so soon afterwards?