Car Parts In Luggage

JamJay

Reaction score
Hi all,

In a matter of weeks I will heading out to the USA to enjoy the remainder of my Summer and while I am out there I plan to source some car parts, an ATB differential & some Conrods to be exact. With the exchange rate as it stands now and will most likely stand in 3wks it will mean that I save a considerable sum if I can bring these back with me in suitcases and avoid shipping/taxes. Has anyone done something similar to this and had no issues or have any advice for me?

My thinking is that a differential might look a little odd to the person on the x-ray scanner and I won't be aloud to ship it.

Any thoughs & info appreciated :)

If you get collared by customs, you may very well get shafted for tax, an invoice from US supplier made out for little, may aid your transit, if you do get stopped or luggage collared, even a repair invoice would suffice IMHO.

Hmmm ok, thank you. The tuner is local to where I am staying so I'll be talking to them face to face & I hope to find a way to fiddle this a little, especially the diff as that's the best part of £1000 to buy here vs £600 over there.