Chipping

pinkys3

Reaction score
just been reading various posts about members who have had their motors chipped and just seems to make me hesitate in getting mine done. People suffering from certain probs. Is this correct ?
Also just looked at the TT forum at sme stuff and read that with just a chip it would make the car do a 0-60 run if you were a good driver at about 5.5 to 6 secs . is that bout right peeps ?

[ QUOTE ]
just been reading various posts about members who have had their motors chipped and just seems to make me hesitate in getting mine done. People suffering from certain probs. Is this correct ?
Also just looked at the TT forum at sme stuff and read that with just a chip it would make the car do a 0-60 run if you were a good driver at about 5.5 to 6 secs . is that bout right peeps ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1.8T engines are subject to niggly problems as standard (boost leaks, knackered DVs, failing MAFs) but chipping makes small problems more noticeable.

Mid 5s to 60 is about right not that you'd want to do that a lot - it'll kill your clutch in no time. Improved mid range grunt (50-100) is the biggest improvement for me.

A