jabbasport remap

• Thread starter imported_glen_jai
  • Start date
I

imported_glen_jai

Hi,
Anyone with a jabba remap? If so, how was their service and were you guys pleased with the result or did you experienced any problems etc?
According to the chip poll it seems very few ppl have gone for them. They not considered to be as good as the other manufacturers for this sort of thing?

Cheers.

Dunno about good, but was a chatting to a ex B5 owner last week who couldn`t praise them enough.

They do all the work on his old a4 and his new b6 went to same place for re-map- He does live close to them though.

Jabba is renowned for good workmanship with the 1.8T engine. Alot of my friends have them and they say they the workmanship is top notch. They are not like other companies that go for outright raw power, the remap to give increase power over the complete rev range (without taking the car over it safe limits).

Jabba quote the same power for S3 as AMD, but alot cheaper. Jabba £525 inc VAT, AMD £550 + VAT.

There is currently the 4th group buy JabbaSports remap session being run on uk-mkivs.net. You get a 10% discount (£475 all in, incl. before/after rolling road session), all you have to do once the group buy has close is pay Jabba £50 deposit and then book you car in for whenever is most convienient.

[ QUOTE ]
Jabba is renowned for good workmanship with the 1.8T engine. Alot of my friends have them and they say they the workmanship is top notch. They are not like other companies that go for outright raw power, the remap to give increase power over the complete rev range (without taking the car over it safe limits).

Jabba quote the same power for S3 as AMD, but alot cheaper. Jabba £525 inc VAT, AMD £550 + VAT.

There is currently the 4th group buy JabbaSports remap session being run on uk-mkivs.net. You get a 10% discount (£475 all in, incl. before/after rolling road session), all you have to do once the group buy has close is pay Jabba £50 deposit and then book you car in for whenever is most convienient.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good news mate, hopefully it'll mean that a remap with them should be pretty reliable. But... wish I knew about this group buy sooner.
Thanks for the info, and cool wheels btw.

I took my old faithful g60 there to have the charger serviced. Very nice people , thet know exactly what they are doing with all forced induction VAG cars and the results were very good.

I havent got their remap but have spoke to them on quite a few occasions and my impression is that they seem very keen to speak about technical stuff with you - I would use them without hesitation as their repuatation is cast iron as far as I am concerned.

Dunc

I have heard good things too but the only thing I could question is the figures they quote .
I have a 1.8T and they quote a jump from 150bhp to 207-216bhp all the other firms seem to quote lower figures.

Has anybody any figs from 1.8T remaps ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif