Thinking of installing a HID kit

doublem_1

Reaction score
I imagine this has been discussed before but my search didn't yield the result I was looking for. Found the guide though which is very helpful.

I would like to know if the kits on ebay for about £60 that mentions not tripping bulb errors actually work. Anyone installed them? And is 6000k best to go for? I'd like pure white with maybe a hint of blue.

I have a facelift 8l with the projector lamps.

Hi,

i got my HIDs from here: H1 Xenon HID Conversion kit

They are very good quality and work perfectly. Make sure you select the canbus pro under the ballast type for the facelift model 8l as this stops the bulb error from appearing. I went with 6000k as they look the best and produce a very good amount of light. My friends have also said that they are not blinding towards them.

Hope it helps.
Josh

Hi,

i got my HIDs from here: H1 Xenon HID Conversion kit

They are very good quality and work perfectly. Make sure you select the canbus pro under the ballast type for the facelift model 8l as this stops the bulb error from appearing. I went with 6000k as they look the best and produce a very good amount of light. My friends have also said that they are not blinding towards them.

Hope it helps.
Josh

Excellent, thanks a lot for the help. Shall more than likely buy from them then. Some good reviews too!

Excellent, thanks a lot for the help. Shall more than likely buy from them then. Some good reviews too!

Ive just seen one of these kits on ebay for about £30 ;)

got mine off ebay for £55, went for 6000k as they looked closest to what i wanted, they are bright white, with a hint of blue at a sleight distance, they do also come with fitting instructions. a good upgrade!

got mine off ebay for £55, went for 6000k as they looked closest to what i wanted, they are bright white, with a hint of blue at a sleight distance, they do also come with fitting instructions. a good upgrade!

same 6000k is spot on

So am I right in thinking its H1 fitment that is needed?

So am I right in thinking its H1 fitment that is needed?

If you have the facelift headlamps then yes.

Thanks for all the help guys. A bit torn between which temp to get. I'll probably go for 6000k I reckon. Maybe 5000k if I find one.