Mailfunction code 17745 P1337 Audi S3 8L

Antera

Reaction score
Hello I'm mark form the netherland 38 years old and having 13 years experience with the golf Mark2 but now whe have a new car and that's completely new and I solved a few problems but not this one.

We are looking now for quite a while for this problem. The problem is on a Audi S3 8L

The engine is not running and we did all the things we can find to solve this problem.

At one day the car won't start and gave the following error:

17745/P1337/004919 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Short to Ground

what did we do:

Changed the hall sensor on the cilinderhead.
Cut the wires and placed new one from directly from the ECU to the sensor
Look at the timing for the car this was perfect
Look at all the fuses

This all with no result. A few time's the enigine look to be starting but for 1 second and he looks to run but very raw.

Is there anybody who give me another thing to check or to do what I not already did?

I'm out off idea's.

p.s. there are no other faultcode and the MIL light is not burning while starting the engine. The light is only lit and is not going out when U set it on.

Already did like i said before in the OP. So I'm looking ofr another solution

The fact it says short to ground kinda symbolises its wiring to me, I dont have my schematics up atm, was it a 2, 3 or 4 wire feed as maybe another wire is at fault here given you've swapped the sender itself, of course you've changed the correct sender :)

Its the same sensor en all the 3 wire's I cut and take new wires from the connector to the ECU. And off course I take off the original wires before trying. The y only thing I did see when I take 2 wire's at first the fault code changed to
17746/P1338/004920 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Open or Short to Plus

They wire's id cut first were 2 and 3 because 1 was connected with more wire's close to the ecu

Have you checked the supply side of the sensor? Do you have the reference voltage that has to supply the sensor? Because if that has failed, then the output from the sensor may look like it is shorted to ground. If memory serves, the supply voltage is not 12v but is a voltage created in the ECU and is distributed to several Hall sensors. If I am correct, there may be other sensors (Crank position sensor) that are faulty in a similar fashion. If you have the supply voltage to the sensor, then I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.

Thank you for this idea. I already did measured it and the voltage is 5V sow this is correct and not the problem . this was the first thing I did . Thank you for your impuls at this problem