Help please!

N4THW

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm really having some problems with my sub / head unit.

I've recently fitted my sub, i had a few problems fitting it, but it's all done now and it was working for about 5 minutes, I then turned the car on and off, once coming back on, the headunit won't turn on AT ALL.

So I checked all the fuses, EVERYTHING is ok EXCEPT the 'S-contact (radio)' it had a 10 in it, so I changed it for a 30, and even that got blown after putting it in there.... what do I do now?

stupid question but i presume you've checked your live and earth cables its shud'nt just blow a 30amp fuse

Hi mate post this in the ICE section may get some more responses there

You have proberbly blown the head unit ....putting a bigger amp fuse in was a bit silly, there was a problem and now you have made it worse, your lucky the car did not go up in flames...

How have you wired in the amp?
Where have you picked up the power for it? Direct from the battery or from a feed that was never designed to take an additional 40+ amps?
Where is the signal feed from the HU being picked up - direct from the HU or from the stock sub loom?