Painting the rear diffusor?

Andy_Swe

Reaction score
Hi!

I´m wondering if anyone here have painted their grey rear diffuser and the grey front lip on an S3? I guess the front part isn't removable but is the rear diffuser possible to remove from the bumper or could it be painted while it is where it is?

Here's a picture of what I mean

Yes mate loads of guys painted them on here, the big one that springs to mind is Mattandrews as his is the S3 and only one i can think of that has painted the front rather than carbon wrapped it

Wrapping is also okay but I need to know if it's removable or if it could be painted/wrapped in place. I haven't found that much pictures of it either...

rear diffuser can be removed without taking of the bumper i believe

I decided to wrap mine in carbon. Some pics can be found here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/98649-my-first-audi-a3.html

I'll be getting my rear s3 diffuser wrapped in the same style in the coming weeks.

The work was carried out by a guy at EMTuning.co.uk

I was quite hesitant to get this part wrapped because of the 'fork' parts causing problems, but he did an excellent job and would highly recommend him.

I decided to wrap mine in carbon. Some pics can be found here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/98649-my-first-audi-a3.html

I'll be getting my rear s3 diffuser wrapped in the same style in the coming weeks.

The work was carried out by a guy at EMTuning.co.uk

I was quite hesitant to get this part wrapped because of the 'fork' parts causing problems, but he did an excellent job and would highly recommend him.

That looked really nice! Would love to see what the rear diffuser will look like when you've got it done! I live in Sweden so I'll have to find a wrapping company or if it´s possible to paint it.

Would love to see more pictures like v1raj's wrapping!

Is there someone else who has painted or wrapped their rear diffuser or/and front lower lip on their S3s?

I have wrapped my front splitter but did it with some cheap black vinyl to see what it looked like. I will do it again with some decent vinyl as I was fairly pleased with it.

Vinyl wrap | VAGOC.co.uk

Thanks. Not bad for a desk monkey!! I am going to get the rear done ASAP. Just got to get the vinyl sorted as I want the 3m carbon and its not working out too cheap!

Okay! I hope you post some pictures of it when you've done it! Good luck!