Anyone replaced front Audi Badge with a Black One? <Pic>

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just after a pic request if possible - my Audi badge gave up the ghost finally and fell off after I shut the bonnet - turns out all the lugs bar 2 has corroded! So looking on Ebay I've seen a black one (Audi A3 A4 S4 A5 Front Grill Emblem Badge in Matt Black on eBay (end time 28-Mar-11 11:48:57 BST)) - just not sure how 'chav' it'll look though or whether to get a standard silver one again <no disrepect to anyone who's got one> - anyone have a pic of a black one fitted?

Thanks

I just did a quick search for you but couldn't find any pics. Most people prize off the badge with a flat head screw driver, sand the chrome finish so it's rough then spray it black.

I think it does look good on the lighter coloured car just a little too much black if on a black or ming blue car.

I did as Westle said. Removed the badge, sanded it down, 2 coats of primer and then 3 coats of paint.

Results below:

Ooo thanks Gents.. Yeah I have a silver S3 may look pretty suited to that then....

My plastic lugs have all snapped bar 2 which isn't enough to keep it in place so I wouldn't be able to use my old one.

PS LOVE THOSE RIM! ONE DAY! What's the ride like is it tres tooth jarring?

pic of my silver a3 with my matte black audi emblem... may help you decide.....

Heres a picture of mine, but I have since gone back to a chrome badge, might swap it over again tomorrow for a change.

Yep, easy to do DIY. I did the stupid thing and paid for a Sportec one, although I did the back badge myself:

Superb cheers guys

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…