A3 fmic ah fab?

Jordan1.8t

Reaction score
Hi guys, been looking for fmic's for a while now, dont really fancy an ebay jobby.

Just wondering will the s3 ah fab cooler be ok for my a3 aum?

Or will i be abit to beefy?

Obviously ill have to make up my own pipe work. Id rather that anyway so i get the pipes sitting perfectly.

I just want to if the core will fit and be ok, then i can figure out what piping i need.

Help much appreciated :)

Well IMO the core on the eBay jobby is good it's just the pipework that let's it down a bit bud

I see no reason why the AH Fabs one wouldn't fit however the FMIC is designed to sit at the bottom of the bumper on an S3 so he pipework fits under the fog lights... the A3 bumper curves in more at the bottom so the FMIC will have to sit higher and the pipework follow the bumper grilles... not a major headache in itself tbh...

I know Bill has fitted a thicker cored version of the Forge S3 FMIC to a big turbo A3 so it will go behind the bumper you will just need a bit of faffing to get it to fit I reckon... but then don't they all :)

<tuffty/>

I see sounds good to me, i dont mind abit of faffing lol, Id rather do away with the fogs and have the piping there anyways.

Has anyone got any ideas of the piping needed for an a3? Certain bend etc etc.

would imagine it would all be custom mate... you could use the top pipe from an Ibiza Cupra as a start point as that goes over the top and down past the battery then you would need to work out the bends etc from there... you will need a map sensor tube from Forge as well as the map sensor will be in the top of your current SMIC...

Thinking about it the drivers side where the SMIC is should be the same sort of pipe work as the S3 but maybe a size difference where the hose from the throttle body connects to the top of the SMIC... the passenger side would be similar to the Forge Ibiza FMIC kit from what I have seen... have a look on their site for an install guide...

The current AH Fabs S3 FMIC has 51mm outlets...

<tuffty/>

Last edited: