A3 98 8L 1.6i - centre arm rest and more

TheButtonz

Reaction score
hey!

I'm in the process of tweaking my 100k white A3. Ultimate goal is to make it completely tidy for when I upgrade in the future.

I'm still working on the engine (cam, clutch, electrics, brakes all done) and still need to do the suspension, but I have questions which I am hoping someone can help me with.

Interior

I've just swapped out the standard grey flake seats for a complete 1.8t red/black square interior set (front and back) and now want to replace the centre console and centre kit (hardbrake recess). Audi qutoed 30 for the panel, and I've picked up a second hand centre kit (nice and clean) but I desperately want to add a centre arm rest.

Can these be fitted to non-S3 versions, or are the fixings universal?

Wheels

I currently have those generic VAG 18" OEM wheels and I am desperate to lower the car slightly to improve the raised appearance. Can this be done? is it safe? Is it legal etc.?

Thanks again!!

In the meantime, I am going to start a project thread this weekend.

sorry i carnt help with your questions, but the red black square interior you have just fitted is a fave of mine i loved it when i first saw it years ago good luck pal.

Thanks! I was very lucky to pick up a complete set, so I am dead chuffed. My GF spotted them ages ago and I've had my eyes out for a set ever since :) (also, the set was only £40! It's the first bit of luck I have had with the car!)

My old set were pretty lazy looking, but some of the S3 interiors on here are amazing. I wish I had the two tone one that tufftybloke has http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ftyblokes-s3-minor-modding-thread-13.html#609.

Last edited: