Which would you go for?.....

cfoster

Reaction score
i have to say i dont no much about brake discs but id have to say the second ones but i probly would not buy them from ebay id go to a shop/online brake shop or some thing i have gone off ebay alot the last year as the prices are crap now days

Out of the two i would go EBC. They are going to be better quality. If i were you with your car and how much time you spend on it (vinyl wrapping it) i would spend the extra on some Brembo ones.

Cheers guys, not overly interested in spending silly amounts of money on them as i know the ECP ones will be more than capable. I think the Brembo ones will be too expensive!! I can't seem to get a price on EBC's site for the Ultimax discs?!

Chris

Been looking myself, and from what I can see, Brembo don't even seem to do the 345mm discs. And on that EBC site (which I have used myself for ALL my previous brakes), they don't list the ultimax discs for the S4 and you would think that they would. But they do list them here:

:: EBC Brakes Direct Limited : USR1421 : EBC Ultimax Sport Slotted Brake Discs (Price per PAIR, both wheels) :

But there is no mention of dimensions?

I fancy the grooved ones myself also, but I think I am going to just go for standard discs, and put better pads on it.

I use the same discs as the top ones, bought from the same ebay guy for my 190bhp Ibiza FR. Having done a track day and a 1/4 mile with them I can honestly say that using standard Mintex pads it was the Toyo T1Rs that let go before even seeing any brake fade.
I know the S4 is probably double the weight of the stripped out Ibiza, but that's the discs I'd go for given the difference in price.

Just went to order the EBC Ultimax's and it turns out there is a massive back order. Pikeys broke into their factory and nicked the lot and all the casts they use to make the discs - no EBC discs for a while :S

wonder if they are the ones on ebay you found

no i called the company direct who are selling them on there, they didnt even know until they called hte supplier whilst i wsa on hold!!