Puddle underneath car....??

Bunsen Honeydew

Reaction score
Hi All,
came home yesterday to find a puddle of fluid underneath my car, (a 2.8Q) I haven't driven the car for 3 weeks whilst I've been hunting down a new bumper, its just been sat on the drive.
The fluid seems to be water, smells like it anyway, I guess about a pint or so on the ground but difficult to tell. From its position under it the car its about dead centre under the engine bay, I can't see any fluids actually leaking from underneath.
I've popped the bonnet and had a look at the coolant and the overflow tank still has fluid in it.
Any ideas what this could be?? Do I start the engine??
I've come back to the car in summertime before and theres been a small puddle which I assumed was the air con condenser, but this seems like much more water.

Help... I'm scared!! :crying:

Cheers
Wayne

Maybe just water, where the battery is it often gets blocked up there and collects water which then runs out slow when the hole under the battery is blocked, could well be that.

also if you've had freezing temps said water thats stuck in the battery tray can freeze, then thaw out a while later.

Pull the battery out and check the drains under the battery and under the servo for blockages.

Plastic housing on the back of the engine was where mine was leaking from. Took flipping ages to trace it as it was always bone dry when I looked but a puddle under the car the morning after.

Plastic housing on the back of the engine was where mine was leaking from. Took flipping ages to trace it as it was always bone dry when I looked but a puddle under the car the morning after.

Spent 5 hours about a year ago when that happened to me. ****** undertray! I removed it after and it hasnt gone back on!

He hasn't driven it for 3 weeks so probably the scuttle tray with the amount of water on floor
I had two small leaks on my 1.8 at the same time the rad was leaking a little also one of the coolant pipes on the oil cooler
i used to put them down to the aircon till the tank needed topping up and spotted the orange crystals around oil cooler.
Clean tray out pour a little bit of water to make sure it drains ok