Audi A4 1.8T Quattro - 163BHP

vwgtiking

Reaction score
I am looking at one of these and am wondering what bhp figures can be achieved with a remap and supporting mods? I have 1.8t golf mk4 which is stage 2 remap and is quite quick, will the audi be able achieve similar figures?

thanks

Last edited:
I think the general understanding is that these can get to over 200bhp with just a standard remap.

My own engine is the 150bhp version, and remapped it's around the 200 mark.

I think the 163bhp version has a different/better turbo so you should get a bit more. Mine is pretty much maxed out without any further mods.

Last edited:
Depend's. Best bet is book the new car (if you buy it) in for a RR session just to see what the base figures are. All tuners will hype up there claims but if the car is not 100% before the remap it's a waste of time and money.

my golf has a k03s turbo and has most, maybe even ALL, the supporting mods to achieve max bhp.

It's like most thing's when tuning car's the sky's the limit or until the cash run's out.

i am mainly looking at bolt on mods not bigger turbos etc.. ie exhuast, induction kit, dv valve, silicone pipe upgrades and so on....

i am mainly looking at bolt on mods not bigger turbos etc.. ie exhuast, induction kit, dv valve, silicone pipe upgrades and so on....

An induction kit has been proven to add NO extra BHP to our 18.t engine's. The stand air box and filter is up to job.

Remap, cat back and induction will see you too 200bhp on A HEALTHY engine - don't bother wirh stage 2, big money for very little gain - you'd be bettet going all out ang getting a larger turbo and supporting internals, fuelling etc - i know because i'm doing it!

The A4 is a big heavy car and a golf will always achieve better stats owing to its weight advantage

The figures suggested by AMD would seem to suggest that the 163bhp 1.8t only has the K03 turbo rather than the modified K03s. Around 200bhp is the max for a stage 1, a good turbo back and cat will see a few more but mainly just allow the turbo to spin up faster. You are at the limit of the turbo really as it runs out of puff. Even with the K03s i had it running at 237bhp and 270ft/lbs but most of its strength was in the mid range. It could provide the higher boost specified, but simply couldn't flow sufficient air to maintain it to max revs and you could always feel the power die off.