New rear wiper problem

jolly14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would like some help in solving my problem, which is my rear wiper is constantly on when the ignition is on even when the stalk says its off.

Please help if you can.

Cheers Jay

Most likely the rear wash pipe has split in the tailgate and leaked fluid into the wiper motor causing it go go haywire - new wiper motor approx £80. There's been a few recent threads on this.

What Model do you have? year etc?

Hi there sorry about the lack of info, its an a4 avant 1.8t 03. It does it about 99% of the time then it will have a sane moment and not do anything. I had a quick look at getting the plastic off in the boot and it looks like a nightmare to get the wiper motor out or is it easier to get a garage to do it:(

Cheers Jay

Last edited:
It's a bit of a pain to get the tailgate trim off the first time. The Haynes manual has a good guide and so does the forums on here. It's a couple of screws 2 of which are by the hazard triangle, 4 metal clips and a special tool to free it from the rest of the trim. Easy once you've done it once before.

As above your motor is probably leaking internally, there are repair kits on eBay but a new one from audi is £80 ish. A doddle to change once the trim and wiper arm are off!

Good luck

:iagree: .....Having a new motor fitted to mine as we speak :happy:

Interested to know if this solved the problem. Dealer wants to give mine a diagnostic check (£75) before deciding if it's the wiper motor.

Indeed it has my friend :yes:

Although the garage did manage to snap the actual wiper arm in the process of trying to fit the new motor, so got a new one of those fitted aswell :happy: