10K not enough for Ronnie

Ghost

Booooooo!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Ronnie O’Sullivan turned down 10K yesterday, he was on for a 147 break, but when he was told it was “only” 10K, he went for the pink ball and made a break of 146.

I don’t know what to make of this?
Id be disappointed if I paid to go and watch, and there was a chance of seeing a 147 break from Ronnie.
Yet I understand that’s what Ronnie’s like.

Any thoughts

@Ghost - Greed pure & simple
£10k is a lot of money to a lot of people

Shame on you Ronnie :sadlike:

That is just sooo wrong. People pay to go see these players and they want them to play to their full potential not throw the chance to get a 147 all because they didn't get a bonus that was a high enough amount. Just shocking.

How often are you going to see a deliberate 146 break though? Lol

£10k is peanuts to Ronnie, but imagine that Thai bloke Un-Nooh. I suspect a £10k bonus would be nice for him, plus the added coverage it brings to him and his country. Ronnie just doesn't give a damn about those things... I still think he's the best snooker player I'll ever see in my life time!

If you've got the talent, wait until the prize is right until you unleash it.
Clearly, he's confident enough in his own skill to be able to produce the goods when needed.

It's his job, let him get on with it the way he wants to.

I was lucky to watch Ronnie play at the Welsh Open last year @jojo , the fastest player in the world and makes it look effortless, maybe the best all round player of all time.

It's his job, let him get on with it the way he wants to.

..but its like Sandra said…
People pay to go see these players and they want them to play to their full potential

If it wasn’t for the people paying to go watch the snooker, he wouldn’t be playing snooker for a living

If you are interested in snooker, you may enjoy The Rack Pack :friends:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03bv0t5/the-rack-pack

The Rack Pack? What's that gotta do with snooker, Ghost?

Sorry Sandra!
:sadlike: Must be one of my catheter jokes.... :friends:

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
For the un-informed:

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
Stop making catheter jokes @45bvtc they bring a tear to my eye :crying: …no...no I will say eyes!! :blush:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
Stop making catheter jokes @45bvtc they bring a tear to my eye :crying: …no...no I will say eyes!! :blush:

A tear to your eye :scared2: Ghost; that, as I sit here now is all of 3.5% H U M O U R O U S :sorry:
One day, hopefully, we can sit and discuss and I can let you know, in detail, what you've a 55% chance of coming your way... :friends:

Looking forward to the meet... :hi:

Reactions: Sandra
bell end!!!!

imagine you had a bet on for him to 147.

that should have same repercussions as a goalie saying, the grass was a bit wet on the left, so i went right knowing i'd not save it.

i think its quality

he's playing and its his money at the end of the day so if he doesnt want it then who are we to say otherwise