brake pads

deanski

wax on, wax off
Reaction score
Website
www.vivalasfaces.co.uk
the brake pad warning light is screaming at me at the mo. Are they a DIY job on the Audi? Also does anyone run any of the "performance" (red stuff etc etc) pads and are they worth it?

cheers

Ferodo DS2500 are excellent, but expensive. Maybe not entirely road-legal as they improve the braking performance more than 20%, or some such nonsense.
Paired mine up with Brembo Max grooved discs.

Dunno about fitting but can't be that bad if you have the tools and know what you're doing?

Just replaced my front pads this week pretty straight forward. Unclip brake sensor then twist pad sensor to remove. Undo retaining clip and the 2 Allen key calliper bolts hidden behind plastic caps. Remove calliper and pads check direction arrow before you put new pad in. Open reservoir cap, remember to put a rag around this to catch excess fluid and using a g clamp squeeze piston back into calliper then reassemble simples. I got audi pads £62.

just stick to Audi genuine pads not worth trying to shop around to be honest with you, i've used the ebc stuff they are not as good as they say where gen pads do seem to last long, my opinion

Paul.

IIRC it's a 7mm Allen key required. My pads were £48 from TPS.

brakesdirect.co.uk , my pads were 20 quid. Make sure your discs are ok too.