WTF AIRBAG LIGHT

jolly14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me a clue as to why my airbag light just came on whilst driving today:sadlike:?

Thanks Jay

Any seats moved before journey ?

Any seats moved before journey ?

Thanks for your quick reply voorhees, but nothing has been moved, just hope the airbags are not going to go off before i have a crash lol.

Cheers Jay

You'll need to use vagcom/vcds to diagnose the fault.

Do you have access to vagcom/vcds.

My airbag light comes on now and again,condensation can bring it on but if it persists get a member to scan it via VAGCOM/VCDS

mine comes on,vagcom shows the passenger curtain bag plug fault!! ive had lots of issues with airbag plugs on loads of cars! if you like disconnect the battery and wait ten mins,remove all plugs and clean/tighten the pins on the plugs and try again!

You'll need to use vagcom/vcds to diagnose the fault.

Do you have access to vagcom/vcds.

I dont have vagcom(wish i could afford it though) And i've asked before for scans before but i dont think anyone is close to me as i'm right on the coast nr dover, unless anyone fancies a ferry trip to stock up on booze before christmas lol.

Cheers Jay

Get it scanned with VAG-COM/VCDS and this will reveal your problem.
This tool is well worth the investment.

Get it scanned with VAG-COM/VCDS and this will reveal your problem.
This tool is well worth the investment.

I agree the lead is def worth the investment as it will prob pay for itself on this fault alone if you manage to fix it yourself.

There is a member in Broadstairs, Kent on the VCDS users map who might be able to help you out if you ask nicely.

If you want VCDS but want to the keep the costs down you can always buy a cheap lead and then download the free software from Ross-Tech. This will let you scan and remove fault codes but thats about it.

I purchased a license for mine that gives you full access for $99 so not too expensive. Plus if I upgrade to the newer canbus version they will refund me the $99 and put it towards the costs of the new one.