Damp carpet behind drivers seat in Sportback

Hollywout

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Any of you ever experienced damp carpet in your Audi? Behind my drivers seat the carpet is a little damp which causes my windows to go foggy when it rains outside. How did this happen?

only think ive heard like this was a member on here had this i think on his S3 and they gave him a new car!!!!

Worst case... its a cut and shut and the two halves havnt been welded together properly..lol.
You really need to get carpet up and try and trace where it comes in have a good look while we have some good weather,once there is moisture in the under carpet sound deadening it never dries out and will lead to constant misting and horrible smells.

The car is from 2005 and I'm driving it for 4 months now. We've had enough rain this summer but I never had foggy windows. Two days before I had the foggy windows we had a huge rain storm so I hope it was a one time thing the water came in. It's almost dry again and I'm waiting for new rain to see what happens.

Anyone have an overview of all the water drains on the Audi A3?

Maybe a problem with the seals??

I've heard of people leaving dogs in cars but seals??? Seems a bit cruel to me ;-)

Seriously ... worth checking out the ( edit insert SUNROOF) drainage channels, I think they come out via the front doors somehow like the Golf.

Cheers

Last edited:
Could be draining down the glass door sills on the rear door from behind the door card, I would spray water down the glass exterior & see if it leaks through the door itself from behind the door card.

The drainage is done via the water going along the rubber sills at the bottom of the glass when its fully up, the water runs along inside the rubber seal channel & then drops down beind the speaker inside the door & into bottom of door through a hole in bottom of the doors.

My colleague just has this in his Passat... turned out to be the rear door seals. -Check that they're in good shape and snug all round.

He determined where it was coming from by shutting the doors with paper towels 'trapped' in there, to 'track' where the moisture was coming from... then spray with a hose pipe and open the doors to see the tell-tale wet trail.

It might work for you.

Keith