r32 anti roll bars- advice needed

Andy123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking to replace the front and rear anti roll bars on my audi s3 2001 and bushes while a few parts are off it but am trying to locate the correct parts. I just phoned vw near me and asked for a quote for the front and rear roll bar off of a mk4 r32. The front roll bar quoted was £87.69 for a 20mm bar, I thought the front bar was 22m? Is there a 22mm version or is that on a later model?

The rear roll bar was £101.33 and that is a 19mm bar. The rear bar seems correct however I don't want to replace the rear with a 19mm bar and leave the standard 19mm bar up front. Also I don't intend replacing the front bar with a 20mm bar as it is only 1mm different. I have scrolled through the related posts to find out more information but need to clarify what is correct and what people who have carried this out think of the prices. I can't find any second hand items at the moment.

Thanks
Andy

Have a search on the 8L forum mate, there are part numbers for all the bits you need... quote those to the parts dept and you should get the right bits... R32 front ARB is 23mm, 22mm is the size suggested if going for aftermarket parts..

<tuffty/>

Wow thanks for the quick reply guys, much appreciated. I expect it will be £200 roughly for front and back as I cannot see any second hand ones at the moment unless anyone has any suggestions on where to find cheaper. Tried the vagparts.com website but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Thanks,
Andy

Ebay, theres a kid on their splitting a r32 or was, he wanted about £140 off me for both front and rear arb's.

Just bought them from VW. £84.75 for the front + vat and £86.24 for the rear + vat. I would rather pay a bit more and get new ones. Just again for anyone that needs these in the future, part numbers are:

Front 23mm bar: W1J0 411 305 AF
Rear 19mm bar: W1J0 511 409 k

Front bushes if interested: W4B0 511 327
Rear bushes: W1J0 411 314 T

dont forget the clips

Can't be sure but I seem to remember that you should either re-use or use new replacements of the standard audi bush mounting clips for the rear ARB as they double up as a mounting point for the exhaust heat-shield.
I'm sure someone can confirm if that is correct or not.

I agree with rossbrownlee, I didn't use my replacement clips as there are mounting points and hose attachments on the original.

Save your pennies and don't get the clips they aren't required

If your old clips are knackered, the part no for them (for the rear) is 8L9 511 411.
Also, not sure if you already have the bushes but Awesome GTI can supply Powerflex polyurethane bushes, the part number for them is PFR3-511-19.

search for my thread on this, all part numbers are listed 23mm is what the front should be

Anyone know the partnumber for the NSF arb clip for an s3?.
When i ordered mine they came without the PAS pip mount so they got sent back.
Seems all the new clips dont have this mount

one of these, the one numbered 22A looks like the part with the pipe clip but double check.

221J0411336D
pipe clip / F >> 8L-Y-045 000*
/ PR-0AN:S3

221J0411336D
pipe clip / F 8L-Y-045 001>>*

22A8N0411335A
pipe clip / F 8L-Y-045 001>>*

got this off vagcat, apparenty it is back up and trucking.