End of an Era

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well it has happened after 205,000 miles, 8 Years of Ownership and one expensive year to date. My S3 has now been sold in a part ex for a new car for the missus.

I will post a bit more about the whole car and experience in due course once the sale has gone through.

Just out of interest mate how much did they give you for the S3?

I'll give more details in due course - but it was a fair price in my mind.

Hasn't sunk in yet, but no doubt will hit me when I open my garage and not see my little baby there.

Sniff.

I was holding out for a S3 8P Sportback - but with a 3rd child on the way it was a no go.

You'll be back soon enough , haha.

Upwards & onwards,

hold on ........ it dont get any better than Audi

Oh man!!!

Oh well, dont worry, im sure you will get into something just as cool

Just for those who were curious.

I got £1800 in a Part Exchange for a 05 plate Volvo XC90 with 60k on the clock.

My car had done 205k at point of sale and need a raft of work to get it back to a good conditon. This included, cambelt and waterpump, full service, haldex service, new propshaft and bearing, new bushes all round and new rear suspension. So I had to say bye bye to it.

To be honest I did have a little cry before she went but after 8years and 200,000 miles it was like losing the love of my life....sniff.

The wife got the XC90 and I now have a Skoda Octavia VRS. This will be remapped shortly and a couple of other bits to give it a bit more oomph.

Well this will be one of my final posts as I will be over on briskoda.net for the forseeable future.

However if my numbers come up I will be buying a new S3 so may well be back again!

Also on a side, i have 2 x Avus Alloys in my shed one is good and one has a few scuffs and a hairline crack - I need to get rid so if anyone wants em please pm me - conditions are you have to pick them both up from where I live near Oxford, I ain't interested in meeting or couriering them or splittling them up and all I want is £50.

Cheers

Still be lurking every now and again, just will feel an outsider with no Audi though! Forgot how long I've been a member in AS.NET, I could have sworn you were on before me back in the day after the TS issue.

Oh if anyone needs a middle section of the S3 Exhaust I have one to give away gratis - brand new never used just sitting in my garage.

Still be lurking every now and again, just will feel an outsider with no Audi though! Forgot how long I've been a member in AS.NET, I could have sworn you were on before me back in the day after the TS issue.

According to your join date, you've been a member since Jan2003, my join date is Sep2003, so you are trumping me on this one, I just have a load more posts cos I'm sad.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…