100K+ miles A4 (B6/B7) 1.9TDI and 2.0TDI - would you?

p1tse

Reaction score
Really thinking of ideas on possible changes for the wife KA (2004, collection model, sub 30k miles owned since new), with limited budget.

Thoughts are practical, cheap to run and something still half sporty looking, so thinking of A4 Avant Tdi sport models
Seen these go circa £5-6k, but are high mileage 100k. Not viewed any, but checking out on autotrader they still seem in good condition.

What needs to be considered when it goes past 100k, clutch, turbo, dpf etc.?

sporty looking estate tdi would be nice and first choice for now, but also looked online at seat leon fr tdi which is similar engine and mileage and start similar money.

or will it be buy a spec like this and prepare to pay out on maintaince etc.

In all honesty, unless you know how the previous owner drove the car, it's difficult to pinpoint wear and tear items.

I purchased a B5 Passat Estate with 76k miles on it 10 years ago, motorway mileage mainly was written in the ad. Today, it's still running like clockwork with 179k miles on it, on it's original turbo and clutch! I think modern cars can carry mileage a lot better anyways, but it's still the luck of the draw at the end of the day.

thanks.
i guess it's luck of the draw, but anything which is apparent which requires changing

i've gathered cambelt and waterpump etc.

never owned a high milage car

only thing with the car pictured above has a tow bar so obviously been used to tow stuff which is extra strain in its life

1.9 everyday.
look for the history. NO longlife servicing. indepedant service history is sometimes better than dealer so dont discount it.
above all see the previous owners, ask questions and drive the car yourself.