1.9TDI Oil Pressure Warning after oil change

danjones1989

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this one for me.

We've got a 2008 Audi A3 1.9TDI with full audi history, has 107000 on the clock. The last oil change was completed at 97000 so i thought its about time it has an oil and filter change.

Took the car to an independent near us who changed the oil for Castrol Edge 5W30 Fully Synthetic and a new filter. Picked the car up just as the guy was shutting up shop. Took the car a mile up the road and the red oil pressure warning light is flashing at me and the car was sounding like an old tractor. I didn't want to drive it any further incase it caused the engine anymore damage so had it recovered home.

Any suggestions on what an earth this may be and what I need to be looking for?

Cheers
Dan

Easy thing to check is oil level and no obvious oil leaks underneath/from the top.

Other than that I wouldn't touch it. Get it towed back to the garage and CALMLY/CLEARLY explain what has happened. If they have any decency about them, they will double check what they have done.

I have the same problem today.
What was your cure for this?

Thanks,
Jim

Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this one for me.

We've got a 2008 Audi A3 1.9TDI with full audi history, has 107000 on the clock. The last oil change was completed at 97000 so i thought its about time it has an oil and filter change.

Took the car to an independent near us who changed the oil for Castrol Edge 5W30 Fully Synthetic and a new filter. Picked the car up just as the guy was shutting up shop. Took the car a mile up the road and the red oil pressure warning light is flashing at me and the car was sounding like an old tractor. I didn't want to drive it any further incase it caused the engine anymore damage so had it recovered home.

Any suggestions on what an earth this may be and what I need to be looking for?

Cheers
Dan

here is my full info of what happen today.
2006 VW 1.9 TDI
I just had my oil changed. The low oil pressure light started flashing at 2,000 rpms.
I found out the shop only put in 4 quarts. They filled it up and still same problem. We opened the oil filter canister and the filter is dry.

Nothing was wrong before a regular oil change. The new filter never filled. it was dry when we opened the top of the canister.

The only thing that was done wrong was that the mechanic only put in 4 qts of oil the first time.

Could the oil pump have lost prime by being low on oil after an oil change?

They did not do a flush.

thanks, Jim