1.9 TDI ASZ Charger and Cluth/Flywheel upgrade

Shushka87

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

the time has come for my 1.9 TDI ASZ Quattro to finally receive upgrade of the charger.
Please share your experience on that, as I am not very familiar with the outputs- I think generally I have a few options- make a hybrid turbo from mine /but what should be the other part from?/, just put a ARL tubo, or..?
I know some people put 2.5 TDI chargers also?
I have everything on place to tune the car up to 220 hp at the moment- good suspension, bigger brakes, FMIC, exhaust, fuses... What I need to do is upgrade the flywheel and clutch- I have selected this kit /if you have experience, please share/ https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-...BIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649#shpCntId
Then upgrade the turbo and software respectively.
The result I am searching for is more horsepower and NMs, but also I would like to keep the power in the lower RPMs, as for Sofia city driving this makes the car my favorite.. in two words, more power but possibly no lag..
Thanks a lot!

Hello Mate,

I am not sure I understand you, can you kindly please clarify :)

Techniclucth have a bad reputation for selling cheap ***t. When people buy on eBay they usually leave feed back ( fast delivery, great price and so on) before they have tested the item

Ahaaa
Well, very helpful- thanks a lot!
In this case I need to decide how to proceed with the clutch and flywheel as well. This car has currently quite a lot of NMs /currently 420/, tending to get even more and I don`t know what kind of set up will be suitable- advises?

Have you tried darkside developments they will be able to help you out

Hello :) I `ve been a little busy the last several days. I checked what Darkside offer, some of the items are on my budget, but most are out of it. Any other people who are recommended so I could at least compare?

Hello.

I've have same car with gtb2260vk turbo and high spec. :yes:

I 've tried Sachs performance pressure plate and Sachs stock, with success for 130,000 Km. I did't try racing disc because garage crew suggest me not to do and they were right because the pedal was hard witch this combo, so I use this car as a daily driver and a racing clutch to deal with is a nightmare.

Stock Luk or Sachs does the job perfectly! (Actually I have Luk stock disc a plate) . Remember you should have in mind haldex, mine is under 500 Nm for safety. Mine is in working order with 300, 000 Km (finger cross)

Hello Beeitch,

thanks for the input. What me and my "tuning firends" were discussing anyway was a standard flywheel and pressure plate with maybe ceramis disc- but a fully round one, not the other type that is very raw and hard- you just reconfirmed this will work. I do not want a fully standard set up, as I have it for around 5 years now, but once i start racing and doing drags, it heats up very fast and cannot do its work properly :)
I will also remind the mappers for the haldex max power :) I don`t know about you, but i just love this little car :)