1.8t Quattro preface lift value?

Stickystuff

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve been part of the forum for many years not a massive contributor with family life and house building getting in the way.

I currently have a C6 A6 as my daily but I’m looking to get myself an A3 Quattro as a bit of a toy.

I’ve found one but I’m trying to gauge how much realistically it’s worth before I offer on it. It’s a V reg 1999 model so preface lift. 1.8T Quattro, it’s done around 130k, it needs a few bits doing for the MOT but it runs ok and drives ok. The guys already got some suspension arms for it and bits that he said it might need for the MOT I just need to fit them.

What would you guys offer on something like this?

Hi guys, I’ve been part of the forum for many years not a massive contributor with family life and house building getting in the way.

I currently have a C6 A6 as my daily but I’m looking to get myself an A3 Quattro as a bit of a toy.

I’ve found one but I’m trying to gauge how much realistically it’s worth before I offer on it. It’s a V reg 1999 model so preface lift. 1.8T Quattro, it’s done around 130k, it needs a few bits doing for the MOT but it runs ok and drives ok. The guys already got some suspension arms for it and bits that he said it might need for the MOT I just need to fit them.

What would you guys offer on something like this?
Condition of the body work any good

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s not too bad considering. On the drivers front corner it’s got a dent in the sill, it looks like someone’s positioned the factory wind up jack incorrectly when changing for the spare etc. All the arches surprisingly don’t have much corrosion, just the beginnings of so easily treatable. And the roof again no bubbling so body work is not too bad. It’s got the multi spoke wheels from the TT but in 17inch version rather than 18inch.

Cream leather interior which I’m not a huge fan of but I might end up swapping it out eventually.

It’s a nice car for the age and mileage just I don’t want to pay over the odds for it. Or I I decide to sell it I don’t want to loose money or too much on it

The front bumper isn’t a painted one so that might have been changed at some point. It’s black so would look nice once polished up I’m sure.

Well thankfully it’s up for less than thatZ they only want £500 for it. It makes me a little suspicious as to why so cheap, but it could just be a bargain.

I had another Quattro about 6 years ago and I bought it cheap at the time because after the oil got hot the timing chain would rattle. It turned out that the tensioner lower half would get stuck in not fully tensioning the chain. I put a new tensioner in which solved it and put a new oil pump in for good measure. I just don’t want to be stung with something like that again.

It hammered it down with rain tonight when I went to look at it so I only spent 5 mins or so with it. I didn’t even get to drive it yet. I’ll see about having another look tomorrow and hope it’s dry. Thank you for your help so far

Reactions: MPH
Well thankfully it’s up for less than thatZ they only want £500 for it. It makes me a little suspicious as to why so cheap, but it could just be a bargain.

I had another Quattro about 6 years ago and I bought it cheap at the time because after the oil got hot the timing chain would rattle. It turned out that the tensioner lower half would get stuck in not fully tensioning the chain. I put a new tensioner in which solved it and put a new oil pump in for good measure. I just don’t want to be stung with something like that again.

It hammered it down with rain tonight when I went to look at it so I only spent 5 mins or so with it. I didn’t even get to drive it yet. I’ll see about having another look tomorrow and hope it’s dry. Thank you for your help so far
£500 Sounds good give it a good looking over and a drive before hand check the usual list and good luck with the project.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was going to say sounds like an £800 car ish. So £500 sounds decent to me.

At that point you can afford for it to be scrap anyway, you'd break it for more!

Reactions: Tj 0785
Hey. new member here just got a A3 1,9 ts quatro 1999. with some minor issues . It has been inspected and is a dd. Gave 9000 SEK (around 720 GBP)