1.8t agu noisey clutch? upgrade clutch?

georgegbe

Reaction score
Okay so there's a noise coming from the car but goes when I press the clutch down?

Whats wrong with it and should I just buy standard parts to replace or uprated ones I will be looking to get the car to about 200bhp?

If you are running more power and have to change the clutch get yourself a g60 solid flywheel and a vr6 Sachs clutch it's a very good upgrade and is generally cheaper than a straight replacement g60 flywheel is from corrado (also mk3 golf gti 16v) I find my golf AGU 245bhp held the power far better and the clutch ends up sooo light

Thanks for the info mate is that a straight swap over then?

Absolutely mate just make sure you get the full 3 peice clutch kit and clutch bolts it's really an easy and worthwhile swap

Sorry for the thread revival lads but when replacing a vr6 clutch and g60 smf do I need a 1.8t clutch master cylinder or is there a different upgrade? Just want to make sure the clutch doesn't go if I didn't out one on would be my luck

Think our Master cylinder's on the AGU's are easier accessible than the other engine codes, kind of 'on top' rather than 'inside',
Not sure about g60 and vr6, but when i got my Valeo clutch and smf, i never done the master & its all been fine for a year, slow town driving & country lane blasting

Reactions: Mrharris2
Ah ok I'm gonna do the cylinder just incase as I've read a few stories of the clutch going soon after plus it's on 112k now it won't hurt to re new it as I'm guessing it's never been done