1.8 TFSI mpg + Grill & Floormats

Dazzle89

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Had the car a few weeks now and i am more curious as to what the average mpg other people are getting on the 1.8 s-tronic spec. I understand there are different driving situations but i just do town driving and i only seem to be getting about 27-29 average mpg. This is in auto or efficiency mode and without driving crazy...driving like a daisy in fact just to see how much i can get. On a full take i can get about 310-320 before i am on red with 20 miles left on the tank. Using shell so no mickey mouse petrol station fuels either would be good to see others.

On another cheeky note selling my old gloss grill and floor mats on ebay. Both a week old before i changed them (the mats i changed to the rubber ones, grill changed to honeycomb) JUST in case anybody is interested.

Grill:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151689228609?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Mats:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151689243608?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I'd say I'm getting very similar mpg. Averaged 40mpg driving London to Cornwall the other week. Traveling to Wales with a roof box tomorrow so that will be interesting. Sad to say I'm a little disappointed with the mpg. My 8p 2.0fsi 150ps was about the same but was hoping the 8v would be better as newer engine

I am getting about 25mpg on the usual London urban roads and 38mpg on a longer run around the M25. (This is on a 1.8 TFSI Sportback S-Tronic quattto). Have only had the car since December and now at 1,400 on the clock so I assume effeciency may prove with time? Drive select is almost always on 'Auto'.

Also normally keep the climate control with the AC always on but on 'eco' mode.

I am getting about 25mpg on the usual London urban roads and 38mpg on a longer run around the M25. (This is on a 1.8 TFSI Sportback S-Tronic quattto). Have only had the car since December and now at 1,400 on the clock so I assume effeciency may prove with time? Drive select is almost always on 'Auto'.

Also normally keep the climate control with the AC always on but on 'eco' mode.
Well i have done 1200 miles, the 1st 1000 was in auto and always hitting 310ish the last full take i been driving in E mode and looks to be pushing 315-320. Question, i mostly have the fans on LOW does that use more than having the climate control on in auto mode? I wouldnt think so

I get better from my S3 ..... :shrug:

Reactions: elpaulio and Nikon
was getting close to 400 to a tank 1.8tfsi stronic saloon.mainly motorway driving but only 40 miles a day

I've got a 1.8tfsi manual fwd.
It's running lean from the huge air filter I've got on it (waiting for map) and unless I'm really low on petrol, It gets nailed everywhere (once warm of course).

I an running a dtuk box so not sure if that's offsetting the mpg loss from the filter but I still manage to pull 34-38 most journeys.
39-42 on a good long run.

Managed 50mpg on a longer run when it was standard

Actually, to add to the above - I have seen 50mpg+, but only once.

If I did any kind of serious mileage (12k+ annually) I would have probably default bought a diesel. Instead, my fuel money goes to Transport for London for the joy of commuting on the Tube everyday :blink:

I have hit the 50mpg but again only once! It was a looooong stretch of clear road steady at 40mph...in E mode, was bags of fun (-_-)

Yeah the 50mpg was on a 40mph average speed camera Road. Hopefully see you mpg back to normal once I've got the rest of my bits on and mapped

Over the weekend i put the car to the test, 30 miles on the M25 no traffic - full tank - 2 passengers - E mode and 70 all the way...just squeezed 45mpg