1.4tsi info please

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Reaction score
Calling all A4 1.4tsi owners.
I'm thinking of changing from my diesel A4 to a 1.4tsi A4 Avant but would really like to know what the real world mpg is. I have been offered a good deal on a MY18, I had a test drive in a MY17 one and was quite impressed with it. I'm not a boy racer and just like to pootle around so don't have a heavy right foot. I do alot of rural driving and motorway maybe 2 x a year.
Any info much appreciated.

Real world mixed driving, if I'm doing lots of short town runs - 39mpg. More motorway driving then around 45mpg. That's average from fill to fill.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Real world mixed driving, if I'm doing lots of short town runs - 39mpg. More motorway driving then around 45mpg. That's average from fill to fill.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. Sounds like it is doing well for a big car small engine combo.
150 views this thread has had, 1 x comment. There cant be many 1.4tfsi owners. :whistle2:

In case it helps, I had the 1.4 tfsi COD engine in an A3 Sportback. It was a very powerful and smooth power unit. I used to measure consumption from fill up to fill up and it was regularly 41-43 mpg. On a motorway cruise, the DIS would show anything up to 48mpg. For the past 2 and a half years we have had a 50mph restriction on the 12 mile stretch of the M3 that I use regularly and at a steady 50mph over that distance the DIS would show 58mpg.

I can only agree with wideboybloke, the 1.4 is one of the sweetest, refined and smoothest engines I have driven. Beaten only by the engine in my current car...

Go for it you will not be disappointed. Lovely engine very smooth and refined whist providing enough torque. I can drive around not using more than 2500rpm so very diesel like. As stated above expect 40+ MPG better on longer runs.

What I really like is the fast engine warm up in the winter , my previous VAG diesel barley got hot by the time I got to work so now I'm toasty :chuncky:

Reactions: Jcbmally and cuke2u
Have one on order, felt good in my test drive..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Echo'ing what others have said. Don't have it in the A4, but my misses A3 has it. Average MPG is 37 - 42. Alot of short journeys (3 miles or less). Very occasionally we take it on a long run. Perhaps it will be slightly worse due to extra weight, but maybe better if you do longer runs.

Thanks peeps, having another trip to the dealer to see what further discounts I can get.

It looks the same only lacking in cylinder on demand. The strange thing is the 1.4 in the a3 has been replaced by a 1.5, yet I've seen no news this is happening to the a4....

Hello,
I do long journeys and steady 70 mph will give you 50+ mpg.
Last Sunday from Swindon to home (London) 61.4 mpg achived.
Regards

Hello,
I do long journeys and steady 70 mph will give you 50+ mpg.
Last Sunday from Swindon to home (London) 61.4 mpg achived.
Regards
But what car/engine are you driving? Should we just assume its a 1.4?

But what car/engine are you driving? Should we just assume its a 1.4?
Hi.
It is A4 Avant 1.4 Tfsi .
Really happy with the consumption.
London heavy traffic between 30-35 mpg and Motorway 50+
Top speed is limited to 130 mph (German autobahn use)
Regards

Last edited:
It is Manual.S-tronic isnt option for A4 1.4s in the UK.
Regards

I thought it is now with the MY18, but I guess no-one has yet received one yet...

I thought it is now with the MY18, but I guess no-one has yet received one yet...
You are right.I just check the audi UK and now it is available.

Reactions: cuke2u