001592 - Throttle Body Actuator Bank 1 (J338)

CJGREEN89

Reaction score
1 Fault Found
P0638 - 002 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 01100010
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 286819 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2018.11.26
Time: 17:59:50
Freeze Frame
RPM: 756 /min
Torque: 23.4 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Voltage: 13.91 V
Duty Cycle: 92.7 %
Bin. Bits: 010
Mass Air / Rev.: 423.0 mg/str
Readiness: 0 0 1 1 1

I have already replaced the throttle body with a non-genuine new part. Any other suggestions?

1 Fault Found
P0638 - 002 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 01100010
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 286819 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2018.11.26
Time: 17:59:50
Freeze Frame
RPM: 756 /min
Torque: 23.4 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Voltage: 13.91 V
Duty Cycle: 92.7 %
Bin. Bits: 010
Mass Air / Rev.: 423.0 mg/str
Readiness: 0 0 1 1 1

I have already replaced the throttle body with a non-genuine new part. Any other suggestions?
Hi I have this code on my A4 B8 3.0tdi.

I have replaced the TB cleared codes but they reappear after 2-3 cycles of the engine. I am doing some searching to see what the issue might be - fuse, wiring, ; after which I am a bit stumped. Concern is that with this fault the DPF regen process doesn't take place.

Any thoughts from the more technically minded or those who have managed to fix the problem?

Have you replaced it with a genuine part? To my knowledge this part does not require adaption upon replacement, as it is plug and play.

Have you replaced it with a genuine part? To my knowledge this part does not require adaption upon replacement, as it is plug and play.
Hi, Yup it was replaced with the latest OEM part. Any thoughts on it not being the TB valve. I suspect I need to drive it some more to see if the EML goes out and stays out - perhaps

What software are you using to read the fault code? I use an OBD dongle with a free app, and when I had swirl flap problems, it read it as a "Cam Actuator" fault, which the engine did not even have. If it was read with VCDS, then I'm more likely to believe it. I recommend checking there is power going to it, but unfortunately I don't know which pin in the connector to check... Hopefully there is someone here who is able to go into more detail regarding this.

What software are you using to read the fault code? I use an OBD dongle with a free app, and when I had swirl flap problems, it read it as a "Cam Actuator" fault, which the engine did not even have. If it was read with VCDS, then I'm more likely to believe it. I recommend checking there is power going to it, but unfortunately I don't know which pin in the connector to check... Hopefully there is someone here who is able to go into more detail regarding this.
Thanks. Carista is currently my tool and I agree there is always that element of 'is it right'. Will check power and let you know - or alternatively takeit to the garage and let them diagnose it with Vag.com

Hey ho
Interesting point in my searches is that there has been plenty on this subject but no one has come up with a solution or finished a thread on the internet to say they have fixed the P0638 error issue. Food for thought perhaps?