“Vehicle Status could not be retrieved”

Jabba46

Reaction score
Morning,

this week my app decided not to retrieve data from the car, very annoying. I’ve also noticed that the radio station graphics have disappeared, even more annoying.

any suggestions, seems like the data connection for the car may be lost?

thanks.

Mine did something odd with my drive select and who was using the car, I ended up resetting the entire MMI. Its under settings, basically returns all settings to default so have fun setting it all back up again.

This also resolved some random warnings in the app where it was never in sync with the car reporting windows were open etc

Mine did something odd with my drive select and who was using the car, I ended up resetting the entire MMI. Its under settings, basically returns all settings to default so have fun setting it all back up again.

This also resolved some random warnings in the app where it was never in sync with the car reporting windows were open etc
Oh joy.

If you want my advice don’t factory reset the mmi , I had a nightmare for weeks after where I couldn’t log in.
When mine couldn’t retrieve the vehicle status I logged out the app and back in and changed the pin code in the car and it all started working again.

Yea this happened to me, I just ignored it for a day and it came back a day or so later. Audis guff solution I think....

Thanks, I’ll try logging in and out tomorrow and see how we get on.

No luck, eventually called Audi support. They informed me that the month free trail of Audi connect has expired and I have to subscribe to the service. Apparently you have two ways of connecting, one is via the onboard LTE and the other is via a android only phone, Apple not supported. I was lead to believe that I had a 3 year subscription with a new car. Needless to say I was in the phone to the chap I bought my car from and he said I do have a 3 year subscription, but Audi connect servers have been down since Tuesday and the connection problem effects all Audi owners. Not sure this is true. I’ve decided to give a few days before I go full apocalyptic.

No luck, eventually called Audi support. They informed me that the month free trail of Audi connect has expired and I have to subscribe to the service. Apparently you have two ways of connecting, one is via the onboard LTE and the other is via a android only phone, Apple not supported. I was lead to believe that I had a 3 year subscription with a new car. Needless to say I was in the phone to the chap I bought my car from and he said I do have a 3 year subscription, but Audi connect servers have been down since Tuesday and the connection problem effects all Audi owners. Not sure this is true. I’ve decided to give a few days before I go full apocalyptic.

I can tell you that's BS from Audi. I'm stil able to connect and retrieve vehicle data

Upload 2021 2 20 15 23 43

mine is working today and to fair has been spot on for awhile.

I can tell you that's BS from Audi. I'm stil able to connect and retrieve vehicle data
Yeah completely, mine and my wife's cars are working OK. Sounds like I don't know so going to make something up kinda answer from the sales guy.

On Wednesday this week I even had a theft alert on my app when the dash cam cable dropped down and triggered the alarm.

I'm getting a few errors with mine as well, its going in for an MMI firmware update tomorrow!

The eSIM has completely disappeared whilst the car has been running only came back after it was turned off for an hour.